This policy explains how Sliding Door Wardrobes Ltd, the data controller, processes personal data. The policy only relates to personal data collected by Sliding Door Wardrobes Ltd via the Web Site, emails and telephone calls. Any personal data collected by Sliding Door Wardrobes Ltd is used in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Under the Data Protection Act we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We will only use the information for the purpose we have described, and we do not pass on your details to any third party or Government Department unless you give us permission to do so. We use technology to safeguard your data from theft or improper use.
Web Site and Feedback
When you use the contact form then the information is read by Sliding Door Wardrobes Ltd staff who may record the information on a Database and will contact you regarding any query if this has been requested. This information is not passed on to any third party. If you send us an email asking for information we do not pass on any of your personal information when dealing with your enquiry unless you have given us permission to do so. Personal data is collected by Sliding Door Wardrobes Ltd to provide goods and services requested, administration, marketing, advertising and promotions.
The information we collect and how we use it
- We collect information directly from you.
- We collect your name, address, telephone number and email address when you fill out a web enquiry form or we create you as a customer for purposes of Quotations, Orders and Sales in our showroom or in communication by telephone or email. If you choose to purchase a product from us, we or our third-party payment processors will collect and verify your payment information.
- We will not share your information with any third parties other than for the reason stated above relating to fulfilling a purchase from us without first obtaining your consent.
- We will use your information to respond to your questions and concerns and any other detail relating to your custom with us.
- We will ask for your consent before sending you marketing materials, campaigns etc.
How we share your information
- Personally, identifiable information: we will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information with others. We may store your information in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers).
- Non-Personally Identifiable information: we may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous data usage, referring/exit pages and URL’s, number of clicks etc with third parties who work with us to help us understand usage patterns. These results are not published outside of our organisation.
How we store your information
We are concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed or destroyed by any data breach of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
No method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure; therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your choices: Access, Correction, Deletion
We respect your data and your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the personal data that you may have provided through using our services. If you wish to access or amend any personal data we hold about you, or to request that we delete any data that we hold about you, you may contact us directly. At your request we will amend, block or delete your data from our database.
You may update, correct your account information and preferences at any time by accessing your account settings online or contacting us direct. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionalities related to our products and / or services.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted applicable by law.
Use of Data for Direct Marketing purposes
We do not use any data for Direct Marketing Purposes. If you wish to verify, update or amend your personal information, please write to:
Sliding Door Wardrobes Ltd,
Southglade Business Park,
Disclosure of Data to Third parties
Sliding Door Wardrobes Ltd will not pass email addresses on to third parties for marketing purposes unless we have your express permission to do so. However, we may employ other Companies or individuals to provide certain limited services to or on our behalf such as analysing customer lists and data or performing marketing or consulting services. These service providers will only have access to information they need to perform these tasks and are required to undertake the same level of protection and privacy as is set out in this policy.
Web Site usage Information
- Cookies: These are pieces of data created when you visit a web site which means that your “preferences” are stored while you move around the site. You can set your computer not to accept cookies. However, if you do this, you may not be able use some of the site features because we need to record your preferences to give you the information you need during the visit.
- Cookies do not contain any personal information about you, and do not hold any information about the sites you visited before this one. “Log Files”: These allow us to record visitor’s use of the site. They enable us to make changes to the layout of the site and to the information within it, based on the way that visitors move around the site.
- Log Files do not contain any personal information about which other sites you have visited.
What happens if I link to another site?
We only retain the Personal Data collected from a customer for as long as the warranty is active or otherwise for a limited period if we need it to fulfil the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as follows:
Billing information is retained for a period of 7 years in accordance with accounting and taxation laws.